Stakeholder Political Alliance for Radioligand Cancer Therapies (SPARC-Europe), supported by MEPs Tanja Fajon (S&D, SL), Brando Benifei (S&D, IT) and Marian-Jean Marinescu (EPP, RO), is delighted to invite you to SPARC-Europe’s next policy event
Improving European policies to unlock radioligand therapies’ potential: what is the state of play?
The event served as an opportunity to take stock of progress made thus far in the field of cancer care at the EU level. The implementation of Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan in synergy with other EU healthcare initiatives such as the SAMIRA Action Plan and EU4Health programme, proves to have tremendous potential in addressing Europe-wide (national and regional) inequalities in terms of access to radioligand cancer therapies.
Two materials developed by SPARC-Europe's Steering Committee will be presented by the experts and launched on that day:
- Video featuring testimonials of patients who underwent a radioligand therapy treatment,
- Investment Pathway Guide, which aims to lay down the needs for adequate delivery of radioligand cancer therapies
and match those needs with available funding mechanisms at the EU level.
Alongside presentations to be made by experts in the oncology and urology fields, as well as patient advocates, policymakers will inform the audience about the progress made as regards the implementation of the Beating Cancer Plan. Various EU institutions, who play a key role in the implementing process of Europe's Beating Cancer Plan, will speak about their work in the field of cancer, including:
- MEP Tanja Fajon and MEP Brando Benifei, Patrons to the Alliance,
- MEP Marian-Jean Marinescu, Patron to the Alliance and Member of BECA Committee,
- Małgorzata Bogusz, Rapporteur, & Milena Angelova, Co-rapporteur of the EESC opinion on Europe's Beating Cancer Plan,
- Birgitta Sacrédeus, Rapporteur of the Committee of the Regions’ opinion on Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan,
- Katarina Krepelkova, Scientific project advisor, HaDEA
The event was moderated by Brian Maguire.
Please find here the event report for more information!